Embarrassing and Mortifying

My guy and I were doing a car deal with a 76 year old Italian Canadian.  A character to say the least.  The first day when we came to look at the vehicle he ordered me to sit in his garage while they talked mechanical stuff.  I said I was fine, that I'd been driving but he said and I quote, "oh for Christ sake sit down!".  Of course I did, being me.

The second time we saw him was to give him cash and apply the new license plate to it and drive away.  While my incredibly hot, sexy and gorgeous boyfriend screwed the license plate on this 'lovely' gentleman said, "We like our women large eh", then he looks at me and continues, "my wife is husky like you too."

HUSKY!!!!  Husky?!  HUSKY!!!

My man who was attaching the license plate turned around to see my reaction and I was smiling and taking it all in stride, while inside dying a million deaths.

We'd had to take my vehicle because my guy was driving the new one and it seemed like forever before I could get in and let the tears spill.  I was mortified, not only to be called husky, but to be called it in front of my man!  What man wants to be with a girl described as husky??

We were driving to meet at a coffee shop and when I saw him the tears were still in my voice and I told him I had hurt feelings.  My guy thought I was joking because to him it was an obvious joke that I'd been called husky.  He saw right away I was genuinely upset and hugged me told me the guy was an idiot.



Still...it makes me realize I have some work to do in regards to my body.  I've not 'let' myself go, but have been more lackadaisical than I've been in the past.  No way Jose' do I want to become the comfortable 'fat' girlfriend.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life - or something like that.